A majority of my time at Sterling in the past couple of weeks has been spent researching mommy blogs. I’ve sifted through hundreds. Here is a short list of random thoughts that have resulted from this research:
- This is the hippest, coolest way I’ve seen a pregnancy recorded.
- These moms juggle so many jobs and side projects it’s insane.
- Most “about” pages say something to the effect of “…with my amazing (except when they make me want to pull my hair out/are super obnoxious) [insert number 1-10] kid(s).
- Pioneer Woman and Dooce have so many uniques a month, followers, fan, etc, it’s absurd.
- These kids have home movies on steroids. I mean, I used to go read my old livejournal posts I had for like two years, can you imagine having fifteen, twenty years of blog entries to read?
- If they are good, they get MAD free stuff. Some get shipped things like washers, dryers, or could be sponsored by some cheese brand.
- These woman are crazy awesome business people.
- Just like any profession, there are some really good mommy bloggers, and reaaaally bad ones, especially in terms of design. The bad ones really make me appreciate my design background. The good ones make me smile.
- They have their own conference. I wish I went.
- I can’t wait to start pitching them!
- The thought of having kids is…a lot of things.
Would you be a mommy blogger? Or daddy blogger (they exist too!)?